GLOUP® MEDICATION LUBRICANT
Gloup® is a slippery gel that is intented to make solid medicinces, such as tablets and capsules, easier to swallow.
Gloup® is available in four flavours and two levels of thickness.
Why should you use Gloup?
- Gloup® is a slippery gel that makes tablets and capsules easier to swallow and may negate the need to crush tablets.
- Gloup® has no known drug interations,
- Gloup® is designed to break down immediately once in the stomach, therefore having minimal or no impact on absorption.
- Better medication compliance 3.
Which Gloup is right for your patient?
Key Features of Gloup®
- Suitable from the age of 2+.
- 60 day shelf life once opened; 2 - year shelf-life unopened.
- Can be stored at room temperature or refridgerated.
- Free from gluten, gelatine and lactose.
- Low-sugar option available (raspberry only).
- Consists of 100% natural ingredients, all with 'food grade' status.
- Can be used with whole or crushed medications (follow HCP advice for crushed medications).
GLOUP BROCHURE AND VIDEOS
GLOUP MEDICATION LUBRICANT
HOW TO USE GLOUP
Frequently Asked Questions
How Many Flavours are in the Gloup Range?
There are four flavours in the Gloup® range, namely:
- Vanilla, and
What IDDSI Equivalent Thickness Levels does Gloup come in?
Gloup® comes in two different levels;
- 3 moderately thick (Level 400)
- 4 extremely thick (Level 900)
What can be the consequences of crushng/splitting medications?
There can be increased risk of side effects and a change in therapeutic effect.
What percentage of crushed paracetamol was dissolved at 30 minutes when mixed with yoghurt?
40% of paracetamol was dissolved at 30 mins.
What percentage of crushed paracetamol was dissolved at 3 hours when mixed with a xantham gum based thickener?
55% of paracetamol was dissolved when mixed with a xantham gum based thickener.
How long does Gloup last for once it is opened?
Gloup® lasts for 60 days once it has been opened.
Does Gloup need to be refridgerated after opening?
No Gloup® does not need to be refridgerated after opening.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, consult a healthcare professional. Please consult a healthcare professional in the case of moderate-severe dysphagia.
1. S. Carson, E. Pardoe, S. Robertson and B. Implications of crushing paracetamol tablets prior to administration in yoghurt to elderly patients: Is there a dilemma? Glass School of Pharmacy and Molecular Sciences, James Cook University, Townsville, QLD, March 2011.
2. Acknowledgement to Chandramouli Radhakrishnan, PhD candidate UQ School of Pharmacy for results of paracetamol in water thickened with a commercial thickener containing xanthan gum. Kathryn J. Steadman (Associate Professor at
School of Pharmacy, The University of Queensland, Pharmacy Australia Centre of Excellence). Email to: Caroline Guerbet (Product Manager, Mundipharma Pty Limited). November 2018.
3. Marwa O. Malouh, et al. Experiences with using Gloup® medication lubricant: What do Australian aged care facility healthcare workers think?
®GLOUP is a registered trademark. Distributed by Mundipharma Pty Limited. FD19203 ORBIS-AU-5493. Jan 20.
Please enter your email address to subscribe to our newsletters.