3M Medical Solutions
Health care is evolving rapidly. Changing reimbursements. More stringent patient requirements. New care delivery models. 3M understands your challenges and strives to make your job easier with reliable, quality products and solutions.
We help you see more patients at lower costs, while improving overall health. That's health care progress made possible.
3M solutions are offered in the following areas: Skin Care, Vascular Access Solutions, Wound Management, OR Solutions, Device Reprocessing and Monitoring,
Our 3M Range
For conditions ranging from Incontinence-Associated Dermatitis and MARSI to Periwound protection. 3M Solutions have been developed to protect and maintain the skin.
3M Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film Spray Pump Bottle 28ml
A sting-free, alcohol-free liquid barrier film that dries quickly to form a breathable, transparent coating on the skin. Designed to protect intact or damaged skin from urine, feces, other body fluids, tape trauma, and friction.A hypoallergenic, non-cytotoxic liquid film which will not sting even when applied to damaged or denuded skin.
3M Cavilon Durable Barrier Cream 28g
3M™ Cavilon™ Durable Barrier Cream now provides an improved moisturising barrier for skin at risk of breakdown.
- Unique, polymer-based formulation
- Concentrated - requires less frequent application and less product with each application than typical moisture barriers
- Does not clog or reduce the absorbency of continence pads3
- Resists wash off - eliminates the need for frequent reapplication4
- Allows tapes and dressings to adhere
- CHG compatible1
Cavilon Durable Barrier Cream is now recommended for the following applications:
- As a barrier against irritation from body fluids
- To prevent and manage sore skin caused by incontinence
- As a moisturiser for severely dry skin
1. 3M Data on File 2014, Validation of Cavilon Next Generation Durable Barrier Cream; Relating to improved barrier function, Lab. report no. PD-PRO-RPT-07-235012.
2. 3M Data on File 2014, HCIPT Irritation Study, Lab. report no. CLIN-RPT-FINAL-INV-US-05-238099.
3. Hart J, (2002) Assessment of the incontinence pad blocking potential of Cavilon DBC compared with Sudocrem and Zinc and Castor oil. Nursing Scotland 2002, Issue July/August
4. 3M Data on File 2011: LIMS 6766
3M help you manage wound exudate and compromised skin.
3M Coban 2 Layer Compression
Engineered with Intelligent Compression Dynamics to stay in place and deliver comfortable, effective, therapeutic compression for venous leg ulcers and other conditions requiring compression.Product Details
- Comfortable – Provides sustained therapeutic compression for up to 7 days
- Stays in place – Clinically proven to significantly reduce slippage, to encourage longer wear
- Provides consistent compression – The compression layer is designed to be applied at full stretch, reducing application variability
- Enables a more normal lifestyle – The thin, lightweight, breathable sleeve allows patients to wear their own shoes, so they can return to their regular daily activities
- Easy to use – Application is fast, and easy to teach and learn.
- Not made with natural rubber latex
Engineered with Intelligent Compression Dynamics to stay in place and deliver comfortable, effective, therapeutic compression for venous leg ulcers and other conditions requiring compression
3M™ Coban™ 2 Two-Layer Compression System provide high compression (35–40 mmHg) for patients with ABPI greater than or equal to 0.8, and reduced compression (25-30 mmHg) for patients with ABPI greater than or equal to 0.5. Coban Layer Compression Systems are indicated for the treatment of venous leg ulcers, lymphedema and other conditions where compression is appropriate. Each system is supplied as a kit that includes two rolls: a Comfort Layer roll and a Compression Layer roll.
When managing challenges of sterilisation and monitoring, many organisations already depend on 3M for innovative products, new ideas, and creative solutions to help reduce the risk of healthcare associated infections. We'll work with you to meet the needs of your organisation - from the challenges of high-volume acute care facilities to the special needs of outpatient surgery centres and primary care clinics.
3M Comply SteriGage Chemical Integrator
Designed to monitor exposure to steam or EO conditions in a pack. Provides a visual accept/reject readout to validate that the sterilant has penetrated to the point of placement in the pack and confirm that sufficient exposure conditions have occurred.
2 inch x 3/4 inch (5,1cm x 1,9cm) Steam Chemical Integrator, Moving front, Convenience Pack
When it comes to patient monitoring, you want the best products to give top-notch care. We believe in monitoring your patients’ right the first time giving you a reliable ECG monitoring trace with 3M™ Red Dot™ Electrodes, or supporting you with educational training, you can count on 3M to be there for you.
3M Red Dot Resting ECG Electrodes
3M Red Dot Resting ECG Electrodes are a tab-style electrode has pressure-sensitive conductive adhesive that is easy to apply and remove, and provides rapid and intimate skin contact to ensure high quality trace pickup.
- Easy to apply and remove
- Tab is convenient for leadwire placement
- Superior adhesion with flexibility to reposition as needed
- Intimate skin contact ensures accurate ECG traces even on challenging sites
- Can continue to be used after defibrillation