B. Braun Australia Pty Ltd was established in 1982 and provides a tailored portfolio of products to the healthcare industry in Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific. Our comprehensive and innovative range of quality products and services sets new standards in medical technology and establishes B. Braun as a competent supplier to the healthcare industry.
Also in line with our sharing expertise ideal, B. Braun collaborates with the private and public sectors, universities and other institutions to provide education and accredited courses to medical professionals under our Aesculap Academy banner.
As a professional organisation and as part of our commitment to be a responsible corporate citizen, B. Braun Australia is involved in a number of programmes that create hope and opportunities for the next generation including being the major benefactor of the Children’s Hospital Institute of Sports Medicine located at the Children’s Hospital at Westmead, provision of a transport vehicle for The Leukaemia Foundation Australia and sponsorship of sporting activities, financial and hands on support of local family centres.
Top Picks From Our B.Braun Range
Acute and chronic wounds have a tendency to get infected and compromise the normal healing pathway, leading to a greater burden on health systems, long term disabilities and an overall reduction of a patient’s quality of life. The treatment of local infection is essential for the healing process. Our unique silver dressings play an important role in reducing the bacterial load.
Askina Calgitrol Thin Silver Alginate 10x10cm
Askina® Calgitrol® Thin
Silver alginate dressings
Askina® Calgitrol® Thin is a thin sterile layer of ionic silver alginate matrix that provides for broad antimicrobial effectiveness and helps prevent contamination from external bacteria.
- Broad antimicrobial effectiveness(1)
- Immediate availability of silver ions(2)
- Sustained controlled release to the wound bed during use of the dressing(2)
- Easy to apply, no special skills or equipment required(1)
- No activation needed: ready to use
- Can be left in place for several days until secondary dressing requires changing(1)
- Can be cut to size, if needed, before removing the protective films(1)
- Suitable for cavity wounds
Available in the following sizes:
For the management of
- Partial to full thickness wounds
- Stage I-IV pressure ulcers
- Vnous ulcers
- Second degree burns
- Donor sites
It is indicated for external use only and may be used in the management of infected wounds under medical supervision at the discretion of the physician.
(1) Instruction for use: Askina® Calgitrol®Ag, Askina® Calgitrol® THIN, Askina® Calgitrol® Paste.
(2) Opasanon S, Magnette A, Meuleniere F, Harding K. Askina® Calgitrol® Made Easy. Wounds Internation 2012; 3(1). Available from www.woundsinternational.com
(3) TrialC, Darbas H, Lavigne J-P, Sotto A, Simoneau G, Tillet Y, et al. Assessment of the antimicrobial effectiveness of a new silver alginate wound dressing: a RCT. J Wound Care. 2012 Jan; 19(1):20-6.
(4) Wounds International. Using Askina® Calgitrol® Paste for the treatment of diabetic foot infection: case studies. London: Wounds International 3012. Available from www.woundsinternational.com
B. Braun is the right partner for those who challenge barriers of wound healing in any sense. By providing a comprehensive range of products, we enable optimal healing for most type of wounds at every phase. We offer more than a single product, we offer a unique combination of technologies to focus on and encompass wound infection, exudate management and skin care.
Askina DresSil Border Foam 10x10cm
Askina® DresSil is a self adherent foam dressing with soft silicone adhesive on one side and a vapour permeable waterproof film on the other. It combines the absorption capacity of the foam with the soft adhesion of the silicone contact layer.
- Painless dressing changes
- No stripping of epidermal cells during dressing changes
- Soft adhesion to the surrounding skin
- Secure adhesion
- Allows to take a shower
- Flower pattern for quick and efficient absorption
- Exudate passes through silicone adhesive quickly into the foam, due to excellent wicking properties
- Vertical absorption
- Reduced risk of maceration at the wound edges
Pressure ulcers, venous leg ulcers, arterial leg ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, traumatic wounds, surgical wounds, 1and 2 degree burns, donor sites, skin tears.
Askina SilNet 5x7.5cm
Soft silicone wound contact layer
Askina® SilNet is made of a conformable non-woven material, coated on both sides with soft silicone. It is used as a wound contact layer, it conforms to the wound surface and adheres safely to the surrounding skin. The wound site is protected from mechanical disruption during dressing changes. The use of Askina® SilNet thus minimizes the trauma associated with dressing change.
- Non-adherent: protects fragile granulation tissue
- Atraumatic dressing change (1)
- Soft and conformable
- Allows passage of exudate through the dressing
- Either side can face the wound
(1) Thomas S Atraumatic dressings. WorldWide Wounds, 2003
- Skin tears
- Fixation of skin grafts
- Donor sites
- 2nddegree burns
These products can be used for cleansing, rehydrating and decontaminating acute and chronic wounds that are at risk of infection by aiding the removal of bacteria and debris, and disrupting Biofilm. The irrigation solution can be used to rinse the wound prior to application of the gel.
Prontosan Wound Irrigation Solution 350ml
Prontosan® Wound Irrigation Solution is a ready to use product for cleansing, moisturising and decontamination of acute and chronic wounds, to aid in efficient wound bed preparation.
Prontosan® contains unique ingredients that have a double effect on the wound bed to create a wound environment optimal for healing.
Prontosan Gel 30ml
Prontosan Gel is used for cleansing, rinsing and moisturizing of acute and chronic skin wounds. Also used for the prevention of biofilm.Advantages
IndicationProntosan Wound Irrigation Solution can be used for the prevention of an infection in acute and chronic wounds including:
- Reduces healing time
- Removes and prevents biofilm
- Prevents infections
- Facilitates painless dressing changes
- Is compatible with commonly used wound dressings
- Traumatic wounds
- Postoperative wounds
- Chronic skin ulcers (e.g. venous, diabetic or pressure ulcers)
- Burns 1 and 2degree
Wound closure is one of the B. Braun's group oldest business areas. B. Braun has been manufacturing and selling suture materials since 1908 – as the first big industrial supplier of suture materials.
B Braun Dafilon Sutures 3/0 45cm 19DS
Dafilon® is a synthetic non-absorbable monofilament suture made of polymers Polyamide 6/6.6 (dyed blue), Polyamide 6.6 (dyed black) or Polyamide 6 (undyed).
Dafilon® blue and Dafilon® undyed are indicated for the closure of superficial wounds and plastic surgery. Dafilon® blue is also used in neurosurgery. Dafilon® black is used for microsurgical and ophthalmic purposes.
As with any nylon suture, though not absorbed, progressive hydrolysis of the suture, may result in gradual loss of its tensile strength over time.
- Flexible, easy to handle and tie
- Smooth passage through tissue
- Excellent histocompatibility
- Skin closure (intra, sub, skin)
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Ophthalmic surgery
B Braun Histoacryl Tissue Adhesive
Histoacryl® is a tissue adhesive consisting of monomeric n-butyl-2-cyanoacrylate, which polymerises quickly in connection with tissue fluid. Histoacryl® is dyed to enable easy visibility.
For facial applications, a translucent version, Histoacryl® L, is available. Histoacryl® is supplied in a sterile plastic ampoule with a twist-off tip. In many countries, Histoacryl® is also indicated for sclerosation therapy of esophageal and fundal varices. These varices are a common and dangerous consequence of portal hypertension.
- No pain from suture or staple stitches
- Saves time and costs (no local anaesthetics, no suture/staple removal, no second consultation)
- Antibacterialfilm protectsthe wound
- No wound dressing necessary
- Fast wound closure
- Superior tensile strength in comparison to other tissue adhesives
- Simple and precise dosage due to slim cannula and blue dye
- Choice between blue and translucent version
- Showering possible