Mölnlycke is a world-leading medical solutions company. Customers use their solutions in over 100 countries – they're the number one global provider of advanced wound care and single-use surgical products, by sales volume, and Europe’s largest provider of customised packs.
Mölnlycke is a global company with a Swedish heritage. They are owned by the Swedish investment company, Investor AB, and we have nearly 7,760 people employed around the world.
Their medical solutions advance performance at every point of care – from the hospital to the home:
We advance wound healing with wound care solutions that are backed by clinical evidence, including dressings with Safetac®. We also provide education and expert support.
Preventing pressure injuries
We reduce the risk of pressure injuries, with prevention solutions such as prophylactic dressings, devices that help healthcare professionals turn and re-position patients and supporting educational and consultancy services.
We improve safety and efficiency in and around the operating room with customised packs including surgical instruments. We also protect staff and patients from infection with surgical drapes, staff clothing, antiseptics and surgical gloves and provide education and expert support.
A dressing that consists of a foam with or without the Safetac technology. It can be a wound contact layer or an absorbent dressing. It can also have antimicrobial properties.
Molnlycke Mepilex Border Absorbent Foam Dressing 7.5 x 7.5cm
Mepilex Border is an all-in-one foam dressing that effectively absorbs and retains exudate and maintains a moist wound environment. The Safetac layer seals the wound edges, preventing the exudate to leak onto the surrounding skin, thus minimising the risk for maceration.
The Safetac layer ensures that the dressing can be changed without damaging the wound or surrounding skin or exposing the patient to additional pain.
- Minimises pain and trauma at dressing changes
- Self-adherent - no secondary fixation needed
- Shower proof
- Can be used under compression bandages
- Promotes patient comfort during wear
- Can remain in place for several days depending on the condition of the wound
- Can be lifted and adjusted without losing its adherent properties
- Low potential for skin irritation and allergy
Areas of use
Mepilex Border is designed for a wide range of exuding wounds such as leg and foot ulcers, pressure ulcers and traumatic wounds, e.g. skin tears and secondary healing wounds.
Wound Contact Layer
Used to protect the sensitive granulated wound bed and to ensure a moist wound environment.
Molnlycke Mepitel Non Adhesive Dressing 10 x 18cm
Mepitel is a wound-contact layer that can be left in place for up to 14 days depending on the condition of the wound. The long wear time of Mepitel reduces the necessity for frequent primary dressing changes. The porous structure of Mepitel allows exudate to pass into an outer absorbent dressing.
The Safetac layer prevents the outer dressing from sticking to the wound and ensures atraumatic dressing changes. The Safetac layer seals around the wound edges and prevents exudate from leaking onto the surrounding skin, thus minimizing the risk of maceration.
These are dressings that absorb wound exudate. Depending on the amount of exudate, low, medium or high levels of absorbency may be required.
Molnlycke Mextra Superabsorbent 12.5x17.5cm
Mextra® Superabsorbent Dressing with a fluid-repellent backing film
- High fluid retention capacity
- Increased fluid absorption capacity
- Soft and conformable
- Protects the peri-wound area
Frequency of change
- Minimises the risk of leakage and maceration
- Minimises the need for frequent dressing changes
- Minimises treatment costs
- Maintains structure and integrity without becoming bulky upon exudate absorption
- Protects against fluid strike-through
- Promotes patient comfort
- Has protease modulating properties and provides a conductive environment for healing to proceed
Areas of use:
- The wound and Mextra Superabsorbent should be inspected regularly.
- The dressing should be changed based on the condition of the wound or before the dressing has become saturated.
- Mextra Superabsorbent may be left on the wound for a maximum of seven days.
- Mextra Superabsorbent is intended for use on moderately to highly exuding wounds.
- Mextra Superabsorbent absorbs wound exudate through the wound contact layer, retains the exudate within the core and thereby reduces the risk of
- The fluid-repellent nonwoven backing acts as an exudate barrier and prevents exudate strike-through.
Gelling Fibre Dressings
Sterile, nonwoven dressings designed to be used on a wide range of wounds, to support exudate management.
Molnlycke Exufiber 10x10cm
Exufiber is a sterile nonwoven dressing made from highly absorbent polyvinyl alcohol fibres. In contact with wound exudate, Exufiber transforms into a gel that facilitates moist wound healing and ease of removal during dressing change. Exufiber absorbs and retains wound exudate. Exufiber is available both as sheet and ribbon dressings.
- High tensile strength to enable dressing removal in one piece
- High retention capacity to prevent leakage and maceration
- Absorbs and retains exudate, blood and bacteria
- Highly absorbent, also under compression therapy
- Soft and conformable which makes it easy to apply
- Can be left in place for up to 7 days and up to 14 days on donor sites
- All wounds should be inspected frequently. In case of signs of clinical infection, consult a health care professional for adequate infection treatment.
- Exufiber is not intended for dry wounds or full thickness burns.
- If the dressing dries out and is difficult to remove, it should be moistened according to local policies (e.g. with sterile saline or sterile water) and allowed to soak until it lifts easily.
- It may take several minutes for Exufiber to transform into a gel. Remove the dressing by gently cleansing/flushing.
Exufiber wound dressing is intended to be used on a wide range of exuding wounds:
- Leg and foot ulcers
- Pressure injuries
- Partial thickness burns
- Surgical wounds
- Donor sites
- Malignant wounds
- Dermal lesions and other external wounds inflicted by trauma
Antimicrobial products deactivate wound pathogens with silver. These products can be in a foam, gel or an alginate form. Depending of the amount of exudate, different levels of absorbency are needed, ranging from medium to high. The product can be without a border or with a border and include a Safetac® layer.
Mepilex Transfer AG 7.5x8.5cm 10's
Mepilex® Transfer Ag is an antimicrobial wound contact layer with Safetac® technology which has been designed for undisturbed healing. By combining it with a secondary layer appropriate for a specific wound type it allows you to create an optimal dressing combination.
Mepilex Transfer Ag may remain in place whilst only the secondary dressing is changed when needed. It effectively absorbs and transfers exudates to a secondary layer, whilst minimising trauma to the wound and the surrounding skin, and pain to the patient at dressing removal.
- Effective exudate management that transfers exudate to a secondary dressing
- Features Safetac technology for less painful dressing changes
- Combining a rapid and a sustained antimicrobial effect
- Comfortable to wear due to the conformable foam
Frequency of change
Mepilex® Transfer Ag may be left in place for up to 14 days depending on the patient, condition of the wound and surrounding skin, or as indicated by accepted clinical practice.It is intended for short-term use up to 4 weeks. For continued use, a re-assessment by a physician is recommended.
Areas of use
Mepilex Transfer Ag is indicated for low to high exuding wounds including difficult-to-dress areas where an antimicrobial effect is needed: partial thickness burns, donor sites, foot and leg ulcers, pressure injuries and malignant wounds. If needed, Mepilex Transfer Ag can easily be cut.