Time for a change? Time to discover Deb. SCJohnson understands Infection control.
We know you’re under pressure to improve your facility’s infection prevention regime and that the best way to do this is by increasing hand hygiene compliance , to help prevent the spread of harmful bacteria and germs.
SCJohnson’s Skin Care Compliance Programme is designed to:
- Increase levels of hand hygiene compliance
- Reduce the risk of HAIs through cross-contamination.
The Cutan Hand hygiene product range encourages “best practice” to achieve safe and acceptable levels of staff and patient care through the use of a 3-Step Hand Hygiene Procedure.
Step 1: Hand Washing
This is fundamental step in hand hygiene “best practice”. Apart from cleaning any visible soilings from hands, the physical action of good hand washing technique will in feact remove high levels of bacteria and viruses also present on the skin. All Cutan soaps are very carefully formulated to be extremely mild, encouraging frequent usage and staff compliance.
Step 2: Hand Sanitising
Hand Sanitising is very useful in reducing bacterial counts on visibly clean hands when access to soap and running water is inconvenient. IN healthcare environments, alcohol is the preferred active biocide for skin sanitising without the need for rinsing with water. Hand sanitising compliments handwashing.
Step 3: Skin Conditioning
This is the most important step in maintaining good skin condition. As a consequence of frequent hand washing, it is necessary to regularly replenish the natural oils and secretions lost from the skin via the use of a conditioning cream. For healthcare workers, maintaining good skin condition is vital to both their own wellbeing and the health of those in their care.
Top Picks From Our SCJohnson Range
Infection Prevention & Control
The SCJohnson range carries a wide range of cleansing, sanitising and protecting products that aims to keep Infection prevention a focus for your facility.
Deb Cutan Alcohol Foam Sanitiser 400ml
DEB Cutan Foam Sanitiser is a unique, worldwide patented*, high efficacy foaming alcohol sanitiser that works instantly to kill bacteria present on skin.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Pleasant To Use - Rich foam is extremely pleasant for frequent use in between hand washing to encourage maximum compliance.
- Instant Action - Starts working immediately to rapidly kill bacteria, yeast and moulds.
- Economical In Use - Spreads easily across the skin for maximum efficiency.
- Unique Foam Format - Quickly and easily rubs across the hand with no drips or splashes.
- Fast Drying - Dries quickly with no need for rinsing or drying with towels.
- Non-Tainting - Proven non-tainting formula.
- Conditions Skin - Contains conditioner to help prevent skin dryness and leave the skin feeling soft and smooth for an excellent after feel.
- Glove Compatible - Can be used prior to applying gloves.
- Dermatologically Tested - Formula has been tested to prove it is non-irritant.
- No Gelling Agents - Leaves no sticky after feel; does not clog dispensers; leaves no mess.
- High Efficacy Formula - Independently tested to the highest European standards, proven to kill 99.999& (log 5 reduction) of food poisoning bacteria, moulds and yeasts.
USAGE: Use frequently or when needed. Designed to complement the Cutan skin hygiene system.
Hand hygiene plays a vital role in keeping our patients and healthcare workers alike safe. When we are unwell or frail, due to illness or after an operation, our bodies’ natural defences are weaker, so more care is needed to protect our patients.
The World Health Organisation’s ‘5 Moments’ Hand Hygiene approach defines the key moments when all healthcare workers should perform hand hygiene. This means that hands should be sanitised with hand sanitiser at the bedside or washed in the hand wash sinks provided.
The key emphasis is that Hand Hygiene should be carried out at the Point of Care.
Refresh Clear Foam Hand Wash
Refresh Clear Foam Hand Wash is a perfume free and dye free mild foam soap. Only one dose required to provide effective skin cleansing. A high quality silky smooth foam that provides a very pleasant hand washing experience and leave the skin fresh after use.
- Perfume-free, dye-free and hypoallergenic formulation - helps reduce potential for allergic reaction and skin irritation. Ideal for people who are sensitive to fragrances.
- Contains Glycerin - a skin moisturiser to help improve skin hydration and prevent drying, leaving the skin feeling smooth and firm after use
- Non tainting and HACCP assessed formula - suitable for use in food production and preparation areas