Smith & Nephew
Smith & Nephew is a global medical technology company with a focus on repairing and healing the human body. The company creates innovative products, whose performance has earned the trust of clinicians around the world. We are very proud that every day our products help improve people's lives.
They were the first to bring the concept of Moist Wound Healing and film dressings to our customers, the first to combine materials for knee implants that were tested and proven to be sufficient for 30 years of wear performance and the first commercial company to develop an on-line education tool for nurses.
At Smith & Nephew they're dedicated to reducing the human and economic cost of wounds.
They keep an ambitious objective in mind: ZERO.
Zero pressure Injury incidence. Zero surgical site complications. Zero diabetic related foot amputations. Zero delay in wound healing. Zero chronic wound recurrence. Zero wound-related readmissions. Zero waste of healthcare resources.
It is never simple. It is not always achievable. They do however believe it is the objective they should help you get closer to every day.
Top Picks From Our Product Range
Sutures & Skin Closures
S&N Leukostrip 4mm x 76mm
Leukostrip* is a skin closure strip combining a very strong hypoallergenic adhesive and a porous polyamide material which allows the free passage of exudate therefore lessening the likelihood of maceration under the strip.
- Elastic polyamide textile
- Permeable to moisture and air
- Hypoallergenic adhesive
- Reliable adhesive strength
- Sterile and individually sealed
- Available in the traditional white or skin tone: ideal for faces and hands
- Reliably and securely adapts to the edges of the wound
- Does not traumatise the edges of the wound allowing almost pain free wound closure
- Minimal scarring
- Well tolerated by the skin
Smith & Nephew deliver the most advanced and complete wound management solutions in exudate management, barrier protection and infection management resulting in improved quality of life for the thousands of people impacted by wounds.
In developing innovative responses to wound care problems, they seek imaginative solutions that improve wound outcomes for patients and at the same time conserve resources for healthcare systems.
S&N Allevyn Life Dressing Medium 12.9cm
ALLEVYN Life Dressings have a multi-layered design incorporating hydrocellular foam, a hyper-absorber lock away core and a masking layer that has been designed for people and their everyday life through:
- Unique quadrilobe shape with a wide border designed to fit the contours of the human body securely and allows patients to shower
- The masking layer minimizes the visual impact of strikethrough, providing the patient with confidence that their dressing may not attract the negative attention of others
- Excellent fluid locking under pressure5 (in vitro)
- Peace of mind leakage prevention for the patient
- Common wound odor absorption when tested (in vitro) on representative compounds
- Multi-layered design provides cushioning and helps to redistribute pressure (in vitro)
- Silicone wound contact layer minimizes trauma to the wound and pain to the patient during dressing changes while allowing the dressing to be repositoned
- Helpful change indicator helps avoid unnecessary dressing change and waste
S&N Allevyn Ag Adhesive 7.5cm x 7.5cm
ALLEVYN Ag is the first and only hydrocellular foam dressing containing silver sulfadiazine.
- Highly effective, proven to reduce bacterial load.
- Excellent exudate management.
- Waterproof, bacteria-proof top film is a barrier to pathogens and promotes healing.
- Sustains antibacterial acivity for upto 7 days.
S&N Allevyn Adhesive Dressing 7.5cm x 7.5cm
ALLEVYN Adhesive consists of a highly absorbent hydrocellular foam pad held between an adhesive perforated wound contact layer and a highly permeable outer top film.
- Breathable Top Film: The outer polyurethane top film switches to become more breathable in the presence of exudate. It also helps to prevent strikethrough and provides an effective barrier to bacteria and minimises the risk of cross contamination
- Highly Absorbent Foam Core: The hydrocellular foam core is highly absorbent, providing absorption capacity for up to 7 day.
- Non-Adherent Wound Contact Layer: The wound contact layer has a low allergy based adhesive, which adheres well to intact skin, will not stick to the wound and has a proven low risk of skin irritation
Hand & Body Hygiene
Skin serves as the body's primary protective barrier, providing the defence against potentially pathogenic bacteria, harmful ultraviolet radiation and mechanical damage as well as other specialised functions.
Skin care products have a significant role in maintaining skin integrity and preventing skin breakdown.
S&N Secura Barrier Cream D 92g
SECURA Barrier Cream D contains 5% dimethicone and emollients, which when applied to the skin provides a breathable, transparent, non- greasy, protective barrier layer. This helps to protect the skin against maceration from prolonged exposure to faeces, urine and bodily fluids which may cause skin to break down.
Features and Benefits:
- Contains 5% dimethicone for maximum protection
- Maintains skin integrity by protecting the skin from exposure to faeces, urine and bodily fluids
- Helps prevent and temporarily protects chafed, chapped, or wind burned skin and lips
- Non-greasy, will not wash away
- Absorbs quickly
- Does not adversely affect the absorbency of incontinence pads
- Transparent application allows for visual skin inspection without removal
- Paediatrician tested: safe for use in children and full term infants 0-36 months of age
- Fragrance and lanolin free
- Helps to moisturise dry skin
S&N Secura Extra Protective Z30 Cream 92g
Secura Extra Protective Cream* helps to protect against skin irritation associated with nappy rash or exposure to faeces and urine. It provides durable, long-wearing protection that won't wash away, even in the most severe cases of incontinence
Applies easily and provides long-lasting protection to reduce nursing time and make more cost-effective use of material resources. It can be removed with Secura Cleanser*, eliminating multistep care procedures.
Provides durable, long-wearing protection that won't wash away - even in the most severe cases of diarrhoea. Protects the skin from the damaging effects of exposure to urine and faeces.
Contains Glycerin, Vitamin E and Mineral Oil
Moisturises, conditions and lubricates maintain proper skin integrity. High quality ingredients that soothe the skin.
Negative Pressure Wound Therapy
Negative Pressure Wound Therapy efficiently promotes the healing for acute wounds, closed incisions and hard to heal chronic wounds by applying negative pressure to affected areas.
PICO Foam 10x12.5cm
PICO Single Use (NPWT) system is indicated for patients who would benefit from negative pressure wound therapy as it may promote wound healing via removal of low to moderate levels of exudate.
PICO Single Use Negative Pressure Wound Therapy System is suitable for use in both a hospital and community setting and indicated for the following:
- Acute wounds
- Chronic wounds
- Flaps and grafts
- Partial-thickness burns
- Subacute and dehisced wounds
- Surgically closed incision sites
- Traumatic wounds
- Pressure injuries
- Diabetes-related foot ulcers
PICO With Soft Port 15x15cm
PICO: The no-hassle NPWT (Negative Pressure Wound Therapy)
As easy to apply as a dressing – quick and easy dressing changes can free up nursing time
Small enough to fit in a pocket for total portability – helping to improve quality of life and patient concordance
Simple one button operation – can be paused for up to one hour to enable showering
PICO is indicated for patients who would benefit from a suction device (negative pressure wound therapy) as it may promote wound healing via removal of low to moderate levels of exudate and infectious materials. PICO is suitable for use in both a hospital and community setting:
- Flaps and grafts
- Incision sites
- Partial-thickness burns
- Subacute and dehisced wounds
- Ulcers (such as diabetic or pressure)